THREE COURSES IN ONE – 15th to 20th of August
- You’re looking for a short but in-depth training course that gives you solid foundation and practical ideas;
- you need some new strategies for the upcoming scholar year;
- you’re excited to improve your understanding of music education and to connect with other teachers before starting teaching after the summer break;
- you’re looking to shake up your class routine with some new and fresh ideas;
- you’d like to learn activities, musical games and exercises to bring your creativity into your lessons.
LOOKS LIKE YOU’RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE!
MUSIC TREE’S SUMMER TRAINING COURSES WILL HELP YOU TO FEEL READY TO START YOUR CLASSES AGAIN, BRINGING FUN AND CREATIVE ACTIVITIES TO YOUR LESSONS
How does this sound?
- Following the students’ needs should be the primary focus of teaching;
- learning music is fundamental to a child’s development;
- research in music education and neuromusic are fundamental to understand our students’ musical needs;
- creativity and improvisation should form a larger part of a music teacher’s curriculum;
- it’s important to keep learning no matter how experienced a teacher is.
SUMMER COURSES FOR YOU – NEW LEARNING TOGETHER
I love summer! Sun, sea, new energies and lots of time to study and improve to get ready to teach again after a long break.
Every summer I take some space only for myself to attend training events and refresh my motivation for teaching, with new ideas that I will bring with me for the rest of the year.
What we need after a whole year of teaching is some time to connect again with our passion for music education, share strategies and doubts with other teachers and have fun learning new activities between colleagues.
DISCOVER MUSIC TREE’S SUMMER COURSES
This journey together will be short but very intense. Every course is structured over the course of four days; during each day we will work for six hours on activities for children of different ages, connecting theory and practice. We will sing, explore with movement and body music, whilst discussing about strategies taken from the latests research in music education.
The courses will take place in London, at Music Tree’s venue, and at the same time also online so you will be able to choose the best solution for you and attend the events that you prefer, even if you cannot fly here or you are too far away.
You can attend one, two courses or the whole week.
FIRST STEPS IN MUSIC – to teach children aged 0-3
15th-16th August – with Tiziana Pozzo and Ilaria Foresi
Based on Gordon’s Music Learning Theory (MLT) and Music Tree’s research. We will learn together how to support babies and toddler’s musicality development, work with their families or in nurseries and schools. This course will teach you the theory behind Gordon’s MLT approach, songs and activities for you to feel ready to start straight away after the course.
CONTENT OF THE COURSE
- MUSIC LEARNING THEORY children 0-3
- INFORMAL GUIDANCE children 0-3
- SONGS IN ALL MODES AND METERS
- MUSICAL DIALOGUE AND PATTERNS
- MUSIC ACTIVITIES children 0-3
CIRCLE MUSIC AND NON-VIOLENT COMMUNICATION – strategies and body music games to foster connection and cooperation
17th – 18th August – with Pedro Consorte
Through circle music, body percussion and rhythm games, Pedro will bring great strategies and ideas based on Musica do Circulo‘s method to deal with possible conflicts and stressful moment that can arise in our work as teachers, not only with our students but also with colleagues and staff.
CONTENT OF THE COURSE
- BODY MUSIC
- MUSIC GAMES
- CONNECTION AND CONTACT
- NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION
- MOVEMENT AND FLOW
BODY MUSIC FOR CHILDREN – to teach children aged 3-10
19th and 20th August – with Tiziana Pozzo
In this course, I’ll cover the step-by-step learning sequence to teach body music to children and I’ll show you how to adapt and apply this to your lessons, no matter what your student’s age, ability or needs may be. We will learn exercises and activities to support your student’s musical, cognitive and motor skills, with a particular focus on executive function (attention, inhibitory control, working memory, cognitive planning etc.), inclusion and cooperation.
CONTENT OF THE COURSE
- BODY MUSIC ACTIVITIES TO SUPPORT STUDENT’S MUSICAL AND GENERAL GROWTH
- THE ROLE OF MOVEMENT IN MUSIC LEARNING
- THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MOVEMENT AND VOICE
- STEPS TO BUILD A BODY MUSIC ACTIVITY
- THE IMPORTANCE OF THE GROUP DISTRIBUTION IN THE SPACE
- BODY MUSIC COMPOSITION
- ROUTINE OF ACTIVITIES
HOW MUCH DOES MUSIC LEARNING TREE COST?
Through this courses, you will have the opportunity to explore a child-led approach and enjoy activities to motivate your students throughout their musical learning.
You can sign up for the First Steps in Music, Circle music and Non- Violent communication, Body Music For Children or both. You can attend the full course, book just for singles days or join just for some online webinars.
EARLY BIRDS ENDING ON THE 15TH OF MAY 2022
WHY CHOOSE MUSIC TREE SUMMER COURSES?
Depending on what you choose, this training course gives you a detailed insight into teaching early years music all the way up to adolescence and adulthood. The study that we will do together will be really meticulous and precise, full of ideas, theories and strategies to manage your groups.
If you have attended Music Tree’s courses before, you know that we really love our jobs in music education and we love to research about it even more. When we hold our mentoring sessions or our workshops for teachers and facilitators, we provide an in-depth explanation for every aspect of our approach based on years of experience and research.
We will be together for a very intense period and you will be able to observe and learn a new teaching style to feel strong and ready to start your scholar year again.
If you feel this is what you need, send me your application and book thought the buttons above. I will be happy to read about your experiences and advise you on the best path. I really want you to find what you are looking for. Within 24 hours, you will receive an email with all the information about the course.