MÚSICA DO CÍRCULO FOR LEADERS
Sunday 10th September – 10.00am to 6.00pm
This workshop will be an introduction to the Musica do Circulo methodology, explaining the elements and music games that work as a base to this work. It will be an experience for those who want to expand their music facilitation tools and get in touch with an organic, inclusive and humanized approach to collective music making.
It’s an opportunity for musicians, conductors, music teachers or music therapists who want to lead collaborative and collective musical practices based on voice, body, play, improvisation and human relations, studying and practicing the “Música do Círculo” methodology, to develop and improve their own particular way of leading the circle.
This is a workshop both for people who have never studied this methodology and also for people who have already started their Música do Círculo facilitation journey and want to revisit and strengthen the bases of it.
This workshop offers you the opportunity to:
- Have more tools, games and values that will allow you to create music with any group of people in the most different contexts, while stimulating a sense of togetherness and community building.
- Develop your relationship with your own musicality through improvisation and non academic musical games and dynamics.
- Expand your vision on music and human relationships, understanding music as a wide-ranging and transformative phenomenon of the human experience.
- Get to know techniques, activities and approaches that can be applied both in musical contexts and in groups of “non-musicians”.
- Connect and get to know people who are also interested in this approach, strengthening and expanding your network, and supporting you in your music circle projects.
You will experience 2 pillars of the Música do Círculo methodology:
Games: Arrow, Minimal Sequence, Echoes, Circlesong, Carousel, Refrain-Improv, Free Contagion
Elements: Contact, Body Music, Improvisation, Play, Movement, Non-Verbal Communication, Flow, Circle
Minimum 8 participants.