At Music Tree we believe that music is very important for adults in reducing stress and tension, supporting their general well-being and having fun! We’ve got some great group classes planned for you that are taking place in the weekday evenings:
MANTRA AND KIRTAN
Singing sounds of Yoga
Come and join our community singing for good health & well-being in body, mind and soul.
Mantra and Kirtan have their roots in the musical tradition of India. Mantra means “to transport the mind”, and Kirtan means to sing mantras, chants and songs in community. This practice is the meeting point of Nada Yoga, the “Yoga of sound”, and Bhakti Yoga, the “Yoga of devotion”.
The ancient Yogis have long known about the healing qualities of sound & music and have developed high skill and wisdom for their application. Today’s research confirms the soothing and healing potential of the vibrations of sound for physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. Calming the nervous systems and the heart, sound & music can restore balance and resilience on every layer of experience.
TEACHER: Stephan Hein. CAM-Practitioner (complementary holistic therapies), Yoga teacher and musician Stephan will guide you into a world of soothing stillness, inspiration and joy with a fusion of healing sounds from East & West. You don’t need to be a good singer to come along. All are welcome.
DATES AUTUMN TERM
- Last Thursday of the month (except in December) 25th Aug, 29th Sept, 27th Oct, 24th of Nov and 15th of Dec 2022
- Sessions take place at Music Tree from 7pm – 8.30pm
- £10 cash pay on the door (booking in advance)
CONTACT Stephan Hein / Phone 07946 537 543
UKULELE FOR ALL
EIGHT GOOD REASONS TO LEARN UKUELE!
- It’s easier than you think
- You can bring it with you everywhere
- It’s perfect to make new friends
- It’s cheap!
- It’s versatile
- It’s perfect at parties
- It’s a great instrument to bring music in your home
- It helps you to relax
Join our group session where you will learn how to play the ukulele whilst having fun singing and playing famous tunes. The ukulele it’s a great instrument if you wish to discover (or re-discover) your musicality.
TEACHER: Sam West, singer and songwriter
DATES AUTUMN TERM
- Weekly sessions on Monday from the 12th September to the 30th of November 2022 (half-term break from 24th to 30th October). The last weeks in December will be used for extra classes or for reschedules of possible missed classes by the teachers.
- Classes take place at Music Tree from 7.45pm to 9.15pm.
- Whole term £110 (11 sessions)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Music Tree does not provide refunds for any missed classes. In case of a teacher’s absence, the lesson will be rescheduled at the end of the term.