FROM BODY MUSIC TO MUSIC INSTRUMENTS
THREE DAYS TOGETHER FOR A TOTAL IMMERSION in Music Tree’s approach
- You’re looking for a short but in-depth training course that gives you solid foundation and practical ideas;
- you need some new strategies for the upcoming scholar year;
- you’re excited to improve your understanding of music education and to connect with other teachers before starting teaching after the summer break;
- you’re looking to shake up your class routine with some new and fresh ideas;
- you’d like to learn body music activities, musical games and exercises to bring your creativity into your lessons.
LOOKS LIKE YOU’RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE!
“BODY MUSIC FOR CHILDREN” TRAINING COURSES WILL HELP YOU TO FEEL READY TO START YOUR CLASSES AGAIN, BRINGING FUN AND CREATIVE ACTIVITIES TO YOUR LESSONS
How does this sound?
- Following the students’ needs should be the primary focus of teaching;
- learning music is fundamental to a child’s development;
- research in music education and neuromusic are fundamental to understand our students’ musical needs;
- creativity and improvisation should form a larger part of a music teacher’s curriculum;
- it’s important to keep learning no matter how experienced a teacher is.
A SUMMER COURSE FOR YOU – A NEW LEARNING TOGETHER
I love summer! Sun, sea, new energies and lots of time to study and improve to get ready to teach again after a long break.
Every summer I take some space only for myself to attend training events and refresh my motivation for teaching, with new ideas that I will bring with me for the rest of the year.
What we need after a whole year of teaching is some time to connect again with our passion for music education, share strategies and doubts with other teachers and have fun learning new activities between colleagues.
DISCOVER BODY MUSIC FOR CHILDREN
This journey together will be short but very intense. The course is structured over the course of three days; during each day we will work for six hours on activities for children of different ages, connecting theory and practice. We will sing, explore with movement and body music, whilst discussing about strategies taken from the latests research in music education.
The courses will take place in Valeggio sul Mincio, just a few minutes away from Lake Garda in Italy.
You can attend one day or the full course.
In this course, I’ll cover the step-by-step learning sequence to teach body music to children and I’ll show you how to adapt and apply this to your lessons, no matter what your student’s age, ability or needs may be. We will learn exercises and activities to support your students’ musical, cognitive and motor skills, with a particular focus on executive function (attention, inhibitory control, working memory, cognitive planning etc.), inclusion and cooperation.
Starting from the body, we will then bring the learning to the musical instruments, discovering how easy it to play after having experience music through movement and singing (and you don’t need to be a musician to participate!)
CONTENT OF THE COURSE
- BODY MUSIC ACTIVITIES TO SUPPORT STUDENTS’ MUSICAL AND GENERAL GROWTH
- THE ROLE OF MOVEMENT IN MUSIC LEARNING
- THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MOVEMENT AND VOICE
- STEPS TO BUILD A BODY MUSIC ACTIVITY
- THE IMPORTANCE OF THE GROUP DISTRIBUTION IN THE SPACE
- BODY MUSIC COMPOSITION ALSO ON INSTRUMENTS
- ROUTINE OF ACTIVITIES
DRUM CIRCLE WITH MAURO faccioli
To make it even more special, we will organise a drum circle evening with the wonderful Mauro Faccioli!
Drum Circle is a shared experience, a circle of drums and percussion of various types, in which the group experiences the beauty of playing together. It is listening, experimentation and improvisation. The shared rhythm, the positive and fun atmosphere that is established immediately, the involvement of everyone in the experience lead to the creation of a strong team spirit. Through expressive play and improvisation, the Drum Circle allows participants to put listening, communication, mutual connection and collaboration skills into play. It is improvisation and freedom of expression. It is a magical experience of connecting with oneself and with others.
30th AUGUST – Anyone can participate, no musical skills are required.
HOW MUCH DOES “BODY MUSIC FOR CHILDREN” COST?
Through this courses, you will have the opportunity to explore a child-led approach and enjoy activities to motivate your students throughout their musical learning.
SUBSCRIPTIONS END ON THE 31ST JULY
WHY CHOOSE BODY MUSIC FOR CHILDREN?
This training course gives you a detailed insight into teaching music to young children, primary and secondary students. The study that we will do together will be really meticulous and precise, full of ideas, theories and strategies to manage your groups.
If you have attended my courses before, you know that I really love my jobs in music education and I love to research about it even more. When I hold our mentoring sessions or our workshops for teachers and facilitators, I provide an in-depth explanation for every aspect of our approach based on years of experience and research.
We will be together for a very intense period and you will be able to observe and learn a new teaching style to feel strong and ready to start your scholar year again. It will be a real jump into Music Tree’s educational approach!
Hotel Heden, VALEGGIO SUL MINCIO, VERONA
29-30-31 August 2022
From 9.30am to 12.30pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm
It is possible to stay at the Hotel Eden at a discounted rate:
- double bedroom with breakfast €94
- bedroom with three beds with breakfast €117
- bedroom with four beds with breakfast €117
- €18 extra for the dinner
For any questions, contact Maddalena Fasoli email@example.com
In collaboration with